HD Forest field trips
Why settle for information found on the web, when you can come with us and visit the great forests of the Baltics?
If you consider investing in forestry, the opportunities in the Baltics are good. Here, the price of an acre of forest is considerably lower than in Nothern Europe. Forest investment in the Baltics provides a long-term and stable return and the risk is low
The well-developed infrastructure also ensures access to the global market. The Baltic forest industry is characterised by state-of-the-art sawmills and veneer factories, exporting globally. Travel with us to Latvia and Estonia to experience the opportunities
HD Forest would be happy to invite you on a field trip to one of the Baltic countries of your choice and show you the many opportunities and characteristics of forest investments. Our dedicated country managers and foresters will guide you and explain about forest management in their home country. We will visit relevant industry such as a sawmill, veneer factory or a harvester in action.
During the trip, we will elaborate on the establishing process, buying process and exit possibilities. You will have plenty of opportunities to ask questions about forestry and the Baltics in general.
Planned field trips: Latvia and Estonia 20-22 September
Yearly we plan open field trips for potential clients; all nationalities are welcome to join, as our country managers will be doing the tour in English.
Flights to Riga:
- Billund - Riga (14:05 – 16:40; AirBaltic)
- Copenhagen - Riga (14:55 – 17:20 or 19:30 – 21:55; AirBaltic)
- 9:00 Pick up at the hotel (you can choose whether you like us to book accommodations for you)
- 9:00 – 13:00 • Visiting properties in Latvia to see different types of forest management activities.
- General overview of the Baltic countries, property market, forest management regimes (folder with further information will be provided.)
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lunch on the way
- 14:00 – 17:00 Transportation to Tartu, visiting some properties on the way to south Estonia
- 17:00 – 17:30 Arriving Tartu
- 18:30 – 20:30 Dinner in Tartu
- 9:00 – 10:00
- Visiting the HD Forest office
- Overview of tax regimes, startup procedures, and taxation
- 10:00 – 15:00 Visiting industry and properties in Estonia
- 15:00 – 17:00 Transportation to Riga Airport
- 17:00 Drop off at Riga Airport
Flight from Riga to Copenhagen:
- Riga – Copenhagen (18:20 – 18:50; AirBaltic)
Download detailed programme here.
Please fill out the electronic registration form to join us at the field trip to Latvia and Estonia:
https://da.surveymonkey.com/r/fieldtrip2022. You will receive the final agenda prior to the field trip.
You can also sign up by simply emailing us with your details and we will get back to you with more information including terms and conditions.
Field trip practical information and terms and conditions
- Contact us, if you want to go, but the dates of the prescheduled trips are not convenient for you
- HD Forest will arrange local transport and meals during the field trip
- You book and pay flights to and from the Baltics
- You pay all hotel costs, but we book to ensure one pick-up place
Please do not hesitate to contact us at HD Forest, if you have any questions at all:
Contact us now
Fill in the form for a non-binding chat, and we will contact you as soon as possible. If you have general questions or want to know more about our field trips, fill out the form below.
HD Forest advises on forest management, provides promotion and brokerage services relating to the sale of forest areas and advises on acquisition of forest areas. Annual returns may vary, and an investment in forest areas could lead to a loss of all or part of the capital invested. HD Forest is not liable for any tax consequences associated with investments in forest areas, and investors are therefore advised to seek professional advice from a lawyer and/or an accountant.