Reasons to invest in Baltic forestland
HD Forest has a track record of nearly 20 years in the Baltics and has become the largest independent forest manager covering all three Baltic countries.
Attractive return of 5 - 7 % going forward
- Value is primarily based on mature timber and capital appreciation in young stands
- Return is stable and predictable based on biological growth
- High demand for wood products locally and globally
- NOT dependent on subsidies, hunting, financial gearing or amenity values
- Operational risk; flexibility in timing of harvest, trees keep growing, HD Forest track record
- Biological risk; small properties spread geographically, no insurance due to natural resilience
- Political risk; safe place to do business, transparency, modern legislation, EUR, EU and NATO
Long term perspective
- Green sustainable resource, PEFC certified and modern balanced forestry legislation
- Suitable for pension savings and generational/succession planning
- Upside on land prices
HD Forest advises on forest management, provides promotion and brokerage services relating to the sale of forest areas and advises on acquisition of forest areas. Annual returns may vary, and an investment in forest areas could lead to a loss of all or part of the capital invested. HD Forest is not liable for any tax consequences associated with investments in forest areas, and investors are therefore advised to seek professional advice from a lawyer and/or an accountant.