Field trip programme
During our two-day programme you will experience the spruces, pines and birches that are grown in the Estonian and Latvian forests – and how they are subsequently processed to refined wood products in the modern timber industry of the Baltics. See the detailed, preliminary programme below.
The next planned trip goes to Latvia and Estonia on September 20 – 22.
Flight to Riga:
You book and pay your own flight to Riga Airport.
We book your hotels in Riga and Tartu and send the reservation invoice to you to pay yourself.
- 9:00 Start of programme: Pick up at the hotel.
- Visiting properties in Latvia to see different types of forest management activities.
- General overview of the Baltic countries, property market, forest management regimes (folder with further information will be provided)
- 13:00 Lunch somewhere on the way.
- 14:00 Transportation to Tartu, visiting some properties on the way to south Estonia.
- 17:00 Arriving at Tartu 17:00-17:30.
- 18:30 Dinner in Tartu.
- 9:00 Visiting the HD Forest office.
- Overview of tax systems, start-up procedures, and taxation.
- 10:00 Visiting industry and properties in Estonia.
- 15:00 Transportation to Riga Airport.
- 17:00 End of program: Drop off at Riga Airport.
Flight from Riga:
You book and pay your own flight from Riga Airport.
Download the preliminary programme here.
Practical information regarding the field trip to Latvia and Estonia on September 20-22:
You book and pay your own flights to and from Riga Airport.
We book your hotels in Riga and Tartu and send the reservation for you to pay.
HD Forest will provide bus transportation during the trip at our expense.
Food and beverage
HD Forest will provide food and beverage throughout the trip at our expense (from start of program to the end of the programme).
Bring a friend
Feel free to bring a partner or a friend along our trip. You will pay flights and accommodation for your travel partner as well.
If you want to join the upcoming field trip, please fill in the electronic here.
You can also request a field trip of your own choice – regarding both date and destination within the three Baltic countries. Feel free to contact us at any time of the year.
Contact us now
Fill in the form for a non-binding chat, and we will contact you as soon as possible. If you have general questions or want to know more about our field trips, fill in the form below.
HD Forest advises on forest management, provides promotion and brokerage services relating to the sale of forest areas and advises on acquisition of forest areas. Annual returns may vary, and an investment in forest areas could lead to a loss of all or part of the capital invested. HD Forest is not liable for any tax consequences associated with investments in forest areas, and investors are therefore advised to seek professional advice from a lawyer and/or an accountant.